April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Road trip?

So, yeah, I do realize that I've been shirking my blogging responsiblities lately. (Could that possibly mean I have a life? Gasp.)

I definitely wanted to pass this along though. Music Midtown (the music festival in Atlanta) has announced some of the bands that are in the line-up. Including, but not limited to: The Pixies, The White Stripes, Bloc Party (sweet.), Coheed and Cambria (Yeah, I'm not really a fan.), The Killers, The Features, and everybody's favorite Atlanta band--Red Letter Agent. Why the organizers picked June 10-12, possibly the three hottest days of the year, is beyond me. And all the blacktop. Oi. But, I mean, c'mon. Bloc Party. The Pixies.

Do I hear the words "road" and "trip" coming from those of us in the Northeast? Country roads, take me home.

I'm going home this weekend for an old guy friend's wedding. I mean, he's not old. He's an old friend. I'll be glad to be home. Definitely feeling the suppression (oppression? depression?) of the city bearing down on me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot Tom Petty! How on EARTH can you forget Tom Petty?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Pretty easily. Pretty darn easily.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to forget that you said that...but only because I like you.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>