April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Deja Vu, All Over Again.

Isn't deja vu the weirdest thing ever? I mean, what IS it?

I was just reading wikipedia's entry about triple rifts (in geography), specifically the one in the U.S. named the Midcontinent Rift System or the Keweenawan Rift which, I assure you, I have never read about before -- not in this life, anyway -- and I could remember everything. I remembered the picture of the cliffs, the smell of the candles burning (lavender) on my nightstand, and the song that was playing on my stereo.

I know there are a lot of theories on what deja vu actually is, but what do you think? I think your brain synapses get a little confused or something. Or maybe you can view your entire life before you're born like it's a movie, and you remember little glimpses of it when you're living it. But why, oh why, would I remember reading about the triple rift?

Unless -- the triple rift opens in our lifetime and swallows us whole. Yikes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bilaeva said...

I think you've just forgotten reading about in seventh grade social studies. We're not getting any younger you know ;) Is that rift related to the faultline that caused the catastrophic New Madrid earthquake in 1811 (or something like that)?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yep. That's the one. Wow, I'm impressed that you knew that.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>