April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Fell in Love Yesterday

...with some dude named Kirk -- sight unseen. Here's how it went down:

I was in the New South office (where I do my internship), working on a history paper that's due today. I pulled up my iTunes, and somebody named Kirk's shared library came up ('cause we were on the same network). I began to peruse Kirk's library, and I was struck as if by cupid. Air? Album Leaf? Avett Brothers? Aloha? Belle and Sebastian?

I was in love.

Dude was in the English department with an iTunes library chock-full o' the good stuff.

I listened to two hours worth of his library -- Cat Power, Panda Bear, The Beatles' White Album -- while searching online for any leads as to the identity of the owner. (To be clear, I didn't search for him for two hours. I wrote my paper, and listened to his library for two hours. I googled and facebooked him, to no avail, for about 1o minutes.)

My only concern is that about 1/3 of Kirk's library was filled with Elliott Smith. Now, I like Elliott as much as the next girl, but to be an English aficionado AND be obsessed with Mr. Smith? Sounds like manic depression to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>