April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Best MLK Day Ever (or that I can remember)

Last year, Genevieve, Ian, Brigham, Lexia, and I (I think that's all of us. Ew, if I forgot some folks, I'm sorry.) went to brunch at Markt on 14th St. and 9th Ave. I don't know why that was so great and memorable. But I remember that I was really happy. Maybe it had just snowed? It felt really cozy and comfortable. It's weird how vividly I can recall the feeling. (I guess it was just last year.) I don't know what I did the rest of the day but, man, I'm grateful for that memory.

Update: I found Brigham's post about the brunch. But -- get ready for this -- it was Presidents' Day Weekend. NOT MLK Day. Man, that seriously changes things. Here's the link.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I stayed up the entire night before for some reason. Maybe I was at school all night working on a project and met you guys there the next day? I bet Brigham has an archive of it on his blog - briggie.blogspot.com.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He does. I think it has one of the few pictures that exists of me on-line.

That *was* a pretty awesome day, and those were some tasty waffles. I think it had just snowed, but the snow was melting rapidly; I remember needing an umbrella. Afterwards, if memory serves me right, several of us went to get something from "Bed, Bath & Beyond" or a similar store.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hey! You're right. We did. We went to the Container Store to get some boxes for me to organize some things. Good memory.

And I've looked for a write-up on Brigham's blog. Didn't find anything. But I'll look again.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://briggie.blogspot.com/2005/02/best-presidents-day-weekend.html#comments


*sigh* I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on-line for a man on vacation!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Lauren. You're hair was shor-ort! I like it. I remember that time of year, too. I was wishing I was in NY at the time.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>