April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Is that Sasquatch? No, it's just Brigham.

I was reading about how Brigham was growing a beard on his blog and wanted to post a fun comment. (Most of you know that I really like beards.) So I googled the word "beard" and came up with this crazy, awesome, unbelievable website and blog. Here's a small sample of some of the pictures on that site (though I'm pretty sure I'm copying them illegally.) Imagine the amounts of hairspray.

Apparently, there's a World Beard Championship every year with different categories. I wish I was a man. Or a hairy woman. I'd have a beard like this:




Or maybe this?


No, no. This.


And my personal favorite, the freestylin' German. Or is that a Belgian flag? (Give me a break, people. I'm not a member of the EU.)


My dad's first reaction to the above picture was "Sick. That's just sick." But I think it's great. It's an art, really.

Here are the links to the beard website and the beard blog. (Incidentally, the guy that has the blog uses the same template as Brigham. Hmm.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a rare jewel, Lauren. A woman who loves beards is worth Andre the Giant's weight in gold. You'll make some Bavarian man very happy.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's Belgian. It's so nice to see a little national pride!! And I have just been blogging about a bearded gentleman myself.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>