April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, December 02, 2005

You want pictures? You want pictures?

I'll give you pictures.

I was kind of cleaning out the digital camera this afternoon, so I thought I'd post some of these.


This one's from way back in the day. Sara, Lexi, and I drove all the way to Birmingham, AL to see Coldplay. It was in a pretty small venue (with seats) and the girls behind us kept getting ticked because apparently, Sara or Lexia were flicking their hair or something. Something...the memory's a little hazy. Do I still have the pictures I took of the band? No. They were great. But I'm pretty sure that my mom erased them from off the face of the earth.




These next few are from Hawaii last summer:


The view from Hana:


Tyler was anxious to see all the waterfalls that were supposed to be on the Road to Hana. So he took a picture of this "waterfall" that was actually run-off from an irrigation ditch. Looks pretty good, though, doesn't it?

We got off of the beaten path a little on the way to Hana and, though I'm pretty sure we were trepassing and we never did find the waterfall at the end of the trail that everybody we met was raving about, there were some pretty cool little places along the trail. Such as this bamboo forest.

Here's a couple more views from Hana.

Here's a picture of the inside of our resort.

And here's the Duffey family at its best.


'Cause everybody has to take a picture of their own feet in the surf at some point of their lives, right? I mean, c'mon, those were some really cool lava rocks.





Okay, that's enough of the Hawaii pictures. 'Cause how many scenic photos can one really look at before they start scrolling?

Here are a couple from Gettysburg.

Sarah "Gotta-Love-Her" Duffey:

The lovely tour guide at the battlefield explained to us "Southerners" that many of the Confederate soldiers' bodies were either shipped back to the South or buried under as little as 18 inches of earth. "When rigamortis set in," as the lovely tour guide explained, "sometimes the farmers around the area would see arms and legs sticking up out of the ground." Thanks for that, tour guide. Really. Thanks.

I know some of you might get sick of seeing pictures of my dogs. Get over it.



AND...last and least -- pictures from the Cloud Room show I went to while I was in New York. The best part of that show was that a lot of my friends were able to be there. Not that impressed with the band itself.

Yeah, there was a band somewhere on that stage. Look hard enough and you'll see some of 'em.


All right. Peace out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I don't think I ever indicated a desire to see more pictures. I wanted more words. I'm a verbal person. I wanted to really understand what makes Lauren "tick," and know more about how she understands Georgia.

But the pictures are awesome, especially the ones of Hawai'i; and you look great in the one with the Snow sistahs.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>