April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Where are they now?

I thought I'd give a little update. I was thinking of what I was doing last year at about this time. And I remembered our Christmas Tree Trimming Party. So, at the risk of being a little repetitive, I thought I'd repost those pictures and give an update on the people that were there. Kind of give an overview of what they've done over the past year.


1.) Original caption: "The Montrose Mamas" (The Youngs weren't actually at the party, but I thought I'd put them on here anyway because they were on the original post.)

They are no longer the Montrose Mamas. Now they're the, what?, S. 3rd Mamas? Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well, huh?

Stephanie, now a high school graduate, is an employee of Target in California. She lived in NYC for a few months, decided it wasn't quite for her, and moved back to California.

Patricia graduated from Marymount. And is working for a couple (is it still a couple?) of cool places -- one of 'em is a deaf publication. Or something like that. (I promise I was listening.)

Laura just got a job at a new salon and she doesn't babysit anymore. (How's that going, by the way?)

2.)

Original caption: Genevieve, Lexia, and me

First of all, the wall is now white. RIP.

G: Still working at EMI. Considering school back in the UK. (Eventually. :) )

Lexia: is finishing up her thesis and will graduate this semester, right?

Me: I'm (obviously) back in Georgia and waiting to hear (any day now) if I'll be going to Georgia State in the Spring.

3.)Original caption: Kool Keith (from 2D). Closest thing I've got to a picture of the actual Christmas tree.

Keith: After a few trips back to Hong Kong this year, Keith "decided" that he'd become a student at NYU. (It was a visa thing.) But last I heard, he was enjoying his classes.

4.) Original caption: Matt, from 2D, stringing popcorn.

Matt: Hmm, Matt. Haven't really talked to Matt in a while. Last time I talked to him, he was working every once in a while and dating younger girls. :)

5.)Original caption: One of my favorite folks.

Sara: Sara graduated from UWG in, um, July? August? Anyway, she graduated over the summer. And after much deliberation, she decided she'd stick around here for a while. (Yay!) She just started a job last Thursday as a Web Content Manager at West Georgia.

6.)

Original caption: Two of the hunkiest guys I know.

Josh: Well, Hunky Guy to the left, is now a hunky married guy. That's all I know. That Josh is a drifter. Nobody can keep up with him.

Alejandro: Hunky Guy to the right spent 6 months in Le Grande Paris this year. Niiiice. Or, I mean, "Fantastique."

I'm REALLY thankful for: all of the memories I have with y'all over the 18 months I was in New York. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GROSS! Talk about a bad picture!!! It's so ugly! Hopefully, I don't look like that THIS year! Hey, um, you know how you always tell me which pictures of you I can and can't post on my blog and how I go along with it? Well. This is one of those pictures of me I don't want on YOUR blog!!!

Other than that, I like this post. I wish I had been there for that tree trimming party.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I think it's cute. You look like a little kid. And it's all about continuity.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what you'll have to say about next year's tree trimming party? Maybe by then Jimmy and I will have met? Once! Please!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>