April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Best Summer Music Festival...Ever?

This year's Sasquatch 2006 in Washington state sounds amazing. It's a three day festival that starts on May 26th. The line-up includes:

-- The Flaming Lips
-- The Shins
-- Beck
-- Ben Harper
-- Bauhaus
-- NIN
-- Death Cab for Cutie
-- Sufjan Stevens (ahem)
-- Rogue Wave
-- Iron & Wine
-- Gomez
-- Queens of the Stone Age
-- Pretty Girls Make Graves
-- Constantines
-- Architecture in Helsinki
-- Arctic Monkeys
-- The Decembrists
-- Matisyahu
-- Nada Surf
-- Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah
-- We Are Scientists


...and several other bands. How awesome is that?!? If I wasn't going to be in Ireland that week, I'd say it was time we all headed to the Pacific Northwest.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know that my brain could handle the sheer pleasure of hearing Bauhaus, Death Cab, Iron & Wine, AND Matisyahu.

And is that Nada Surf? Wow. That takes me back...

"The boy will respect you for your frankness, / And honestly, he'll apeciate the kind of straight-foward manner / In which you told him your decision / Unless he's a real jerk or a cry baby you will remain friends..."

1:39 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah. Nada Surf's been making some pretty good (mellowed out) music these days.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Lauren! I really like your photography. Those Christmas cards are great, and the swingset and the clover... Love it!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks, Yvonne!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rogue Wave ='s awesome.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Were they good live, Lexia?

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. I went to that concert alone, but it was wonderful. Their worth seeing live -- alone. :o)

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are, that is.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Architecture in Helsinki is very much like architecture in Russia. It used to sub for Moscow/Leningrad in films made during the Cold War.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Huh. Interesting.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me I'm not the only person baffled by that comment? Is one of those bands from Helsinki?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

No, Architecture in Helsinki is a band. I don't know where they're from.

And G was being sarcastic. (Although 'sarcastic' really isn't the right word. Somebody help me out, here.)

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's a joke. *chuckles nervously* I get jokes. ;P

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my eyes/brain blurred "Architecture in Helsinki" together with "Arctic Monkeys." I say that because it's happened to me every other time I've looked at this list. I see "Constantines" which reminds me of everybody's favourite Roman/Byzantine Imperators, and then my eyes are instantly drawn to the word "Monkeys" (being, I hold, one of the most sublime words in the English language).

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>