April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm Turning Into My Mother

I looked down at my plate at lunch, and I realized that I had mixed all of the vegetables together just like my mom does. Thing is, I always comment on how disgusting that is when she does it, and lookie there, I'm doing the same thing, and I like it.

Which brings me to the real topic of this post -- I've decided to go vegetarian for a while. I'm doing it to see how my body responds to the absence of meat, and because I just hit this point where meat kind of grosses me out. I didn't decide to go vegetarian on moral grounds, but geez, think of all the hormones we're consuming. Blech. (Notice that I don't refer to myself directly as a vegetarian -- I'm only eating like a vegetarian. I don't consider myself one. It's not an identity thing for me. It's just a diet.)

So today I've been on vegetarian diet for a whole week. I'm really liking it so far. Stay tuned, as I'm sure you'll be on the edge of your seat to see how this thing pans out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacki said...

That is great Lauren! I have done that a couple of times and when you start eating meat again (if you choose) you will notice that you only like lean meats like fish and turkey. Well, that is what happened to me.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kasey said...

Good for you, Lauren. I haven't gone that far yet, but meat is starting to make me nauseated too. Especially raw meat. Yuck! I have switched to as many organic products as possible, and even though my grocery bill is higher, I have some peace of mind.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had to cut down on red meat and spinach because of my hemochromatosis. It hasn't impacted my health at all, though I do desperately miss spinach.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>