April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

James Iha Sighting #4089

Last Thursday morning, I awoke as if it would be a normal, uneventful day. At approximately 1 PM that afternoon, the thought occurred to me that perhaps I could make a trip up to New York that weekend. Upon discovering that airline tickets were over $500, I decided to drive.

At 10:30 PM, Mrs. Snow, Jacki, and I hit the road. 14 hours later, we were driving through the Holland Tunnel into New York City.

It was a whirlwind, crazy trip. But maybe one of the best that I've had to New York since the Pratt trip of 2001. (Sidenote: Ironically, on paper, the Pratt trip would seem to be one of the worst ever. Stomach problems on the flight up, nastiest bathroom I have ever stepped [sandaled] foot in, getting soaked by the torrential downpour before our flight back...)

What made this trip one of the best ones? There is nothing I can put my finger on that made it spectacular, except that I had no expectations going into it -- no ambitious goals to meet up with everyone that I know that lives there, no list of things to see, no list of things to buy. It made the trip more laidback and less hurried.

And it wouldn't be a trip to New York without me seeing James Iha, which I did, on the corner of 10th and 2nd.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lexia said...

I'm so glad you guys drove up. That was one of the best surprises I've ever had! Maybe I'll surprise YOU at some point and take a little trip to a place I like to call "home"...or maybe Seattle. Either way.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Love it.

It saddens me that I was unable to go . :(

2:15 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Man I had so much fun on that trip! We should make it an annual thing!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>