April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Incomprehensive List of What I'm Thankful for This Holiday Season, or I Hope John Doesn't Mind that I Used My Email to Him as a Blog Post.

in honor of the very blessed holiday that's coming up on thursday, i will now recount what exactly i'm thankful for, in no particular order:
  1. challenges: hell, how would I define myself without 'em?
  2. family: hell, how would i define myself without 'em?
  3. frank-dog: even though my mom just told me he chewed my dining room table that is stored at their house
  4. my desire to question everything: see "challenges"
  5. my friends: genevieve bovee? keri smith? lexia snow? sara snow? sarah hill? sarah day? shan mukhtar? you? god, i can't think of a life without these folks.
  6. new york: best time of my life; can never be recreated.
  7. my ability to put a nostalgic, sentimental spin on my past.
  8. saul bellow: how does he create such atmosphere in a couple of sentences?
  9. the clash, specifically "guns of brixton": never fails to get me motivated to move my ass.
  10. the sun: i never knew how much i relied on it until i moved to a place where it rises at 9AM and sets at 4PM (if it ever shows up in the first place).
  11. my education: though i'm paying for it dearly, i can pick apart literature (and life) with the best of 'em.
  12. your vegetarian lasgana: what i wouldn't do for even a small plate of that right now.
  13. dreams: keep me putting one foot in front of the other. even though right now it feels like i'm putting one foot behind the other.
  14. children: uncensored emotions. life before calculation and manipulation = perfection.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Oh, no! Not that beautiful table!!! Well, let's hope he doesn't chew on the buffet . . .

Hm. The sun is a good one. I never really thought about it before, although . . . I think I suffer from seasonal depression, so I should be more thankful for the sun, too.

Well, I think children can be pretty manipulative, actually. They learn it from adults at a very young age. I guess it's not entirely a bad thing, though. I can't necessarily think why, but I'm trying to be positive . . .

I'm thankful for you, Lauren. Thanks for including me on your list. I miss you.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

You're right, Sara -- but maybe it's the uncensored quality of their manipulation that's refreshing?

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>