April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Week in Review

On Wednesday morning, I went to Edinburgh to meet up with a backpacking tour group to travel around the Highlands and the Isle of Skye. But the train from Glasgow to Edinburgh was super late because of construction on the railway line, so I got to Edinburgh after the tour had left. So I rescheduled for another tour in a couple of weeks and walked around Edinburgh the rest of the day. I really loved Edinburgh -- even the kitschy souvenir shops that sell whiskey, "kilts," family coat of arms and all of that stuff.

On Thursday, Jo, the kids, and I drove north. Great weather. Wonderful scenery. (I've never seen so many rainbows in my entire life as I did in that one day.) Here are some of the highlights.

We stopped at Doune Castle along the way. It's where the first part of Monty Python and the Holy Grail was filmed. You know, when the two guys are arguing about swallows or something, and one of them replies that he'll fart in the other guy's general direction? Yeah, that's this castle.






Then we drove until we got to Oban, caught a ferry to a little island in the Inner Hebrides (Lismore), turned around and came back.




We stopped on the way back to take some photos of Highland cows.




And here's this photo, just because I think it's absolutely hilarious. It kind of makes me like McCain a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>