April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who Knew?, or The English Aren't the Only Ones on This Isle with Rockin' Music

I didn't realize that I love so many Scottish bands; some of my favorite ones are even from Glasgow.

Here are more Scottish bands that I like, and most of 'em I didn't even know were Scottish:
  • The Beta Band. One of my all-time favorite bands, and I didn't even know they were from Edinburgh.
  • Franz Ferdinand (Glasgow)
  • Belle and Sebastian (Glasgow)
  • Camera Obscura (Glasgow)
  • The Delgados
  • The Fratellis (Glasgow)
  • Idlewild (I figured they were Scottish because they have a song called "Scottish Fiction.), (Edinburgh)
  • The Jesus and Mary Chain
  • Mogwai (Glasgow)
  • Snow Patrol
  • Simple Minds, (Glasgow) one of the only '80s bands I actually like that's not punk rock besides...
  • Annie Lennox/The Eurythmics
Too lazy to make links for all of these bands. Maybe later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

One of my very favorite bands right now is from Scotland. Their name is "The Twilight Sad" and they have wicked strong accents and I love it. :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Cool, they're playing here on October 9th. I'll have to give them a listen.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh ooh and that other band---- with the good sounding songs with bad boy band lyrics... um... oh yeah - travis.

talk to noonan about camera obscura - he plans to marry the singer.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

yep, travis. hadn't thought of them -- also glaswegian.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness someone else loves Camera Obscura.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>