April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Holy Moly.

Let me preface this by saying, a few of you know I talk about this Danish band named Kashmir quite a bit. I mean, they are in my list of my top ten favorite bands of all time. No doubt.

So on the way to the Mercury Lounge last night to see Luke Temple play (marvelous show, by the way), I spotted two of the guys in--you guessed it--Kashmir. I grabbed the arm of the lead singer. (Poor guy. Think I spooked him.) I talked to the lead singer. (His name's Kasper.) Lexia proceeded to tell them that I have a picture of them as my screensaver. Simply not true. They are my wallpaper. I can't explain what this whole meeting means to me. I mean, picture Lexia meeting Jimmy Fallon. That's about on par.

So the lead singer was really nice. I couldn't quite figure out the other guy. I think he's the bassist. And they were with another guy, the one that is mixing their new album over here. The Engineer Guy asked Lexia, "How are you?"
Lexia answered, "I'm sorry I can't hear you. I'm sick and my ears are full."
"I said, 'How are you?'"
"Oh! I'm great, thanks!"
(I don't know if that's exactly how the converstaion went, because I was busy talking to the lead singer of Kashmir.) Just thought that that was a pretty funny conversation to have with a complete and utter stranger.


As I just mentioned, the Luke Temple show was "marvelous." It was. His vocals are amazing. He has a definite Chris Martin quality to him. Both vocally and physically. I think most of the guys in the band live or have lived in New York, and this was the last stop of their tour. It seemed a little like a birthday party for someone I didn't know that I was crashing, unbeknownst to me. Everybody seemed to know everybody else. I bought the new LP. Okay, Genevieve bought it. (IOU$10, G.) I'm listening to it right now. (Of course I am, and will be for the next month or so.) I'm listening to a song about "leaving Old New York behind." (A song I'm sure my folks would welcome coming from my vocal chords.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they (Kashmir) have any albums out here in the US of A?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Nope, but according to Kasper, they are working on releasing their new album in the US.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I have updated my blog, I can effectively tell you to update yours. C'mon. Write somethin.'

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Postmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmorepostmore...

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, ummm...Lauren? Did you die? Or ummm...did your blog die? Or something? Where ARE you? And why aren't you writing?

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY MOL(E)Y!!!!! When are you going to update your blog???????!?

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>