April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I had to read 'Brokeback Mountain' for my creative writing class. And I wish I hadn't. Or if I had, I wish I had at least read it earlier in the day so that gay cowboy sex wouldn't be running through my head as I'm trying to get to sleep.

And, can I just say?, in the short story, the descriptions of these cowboys does not equal Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Why, oh why, did I read that at 1AM?

[I want to add that if the story had been about a loving homosexual relationship, I would have had much less of a problem reading this. But it was all (graphic) sex. I don't even want to read about (graphic) heterosexual sex.]

And that's all I'll say about 'Brokeback Mountain.'

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel bad for posting on your site so often, but I have to express my condolences. I am so, so sorry. Yeesh. So very sorry.

I will refer you to this post:
http://the-pangolin.livejournal.com/104225.html

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so the gay cowboy sex didn't do it for you? odd, you'd think the girls would be into that.

kidding.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>