April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I should be reading about Marxism.

So I posting on my blog.

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. This is the first birthday that's kind of smacked me around a little. I know, 24 is young, yaddah yaddah. I don't know, though. This birthday felt a little different. It felt like next comes 25 and then 50.

I'm not complaining. I had a great day. Tons of people left me text messages or voicemails or emails. It was really nice. Made me feel loved.

My horoscope said that this year will be one of stark reality. That there will be a lot of big realizations going on. Hmm, I think the first one might have something to do with my writing. That I'm not so sure of myself anymore. Maybe the second realization will be something about what I am good at. I guess stark realizations are good. (?) Sometimes I really want horoscopes to be right (like those "Lucky Days"). And sometimes I REALLY want them to be wrong. Not that I buy into any of that crap, anyway. But, c'mon, Aquarians are usually introspective, artistic, analytical, stubborn people (that sometimes imagine what a person is like only to be disappointed later). How do the stars define that? Actually, I think it has something to do with Saturn returning to Mercury or something. I mean, I don't really buy into any of that crap.

Hey, man. What's your sign? Really. I want to know. I'll give some characteristics of that sign, and you see if it's pretty accurate. Just for fun. 'Cause I don't really buy into it, you know.

[I saw this article after I posted this. "The Best Careers for Your Zodiac Sign." Hmm, mine says I should be a photographer.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stark realizations:
1. The Book of Mormon is true.
2. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God.
3. Ryan Gosling will become active in the church again due to your undying love for him.

Everyone will have a stark realization at some point this year.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

That's gotta be from Lexia.

And mine is going to be a whole year of stark realizations. :)

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Lauren!

Apparently Sagittarius is my sign. Although from what you've described I could just as easily be an Aquarius.

I liked turning 24, though I'm just too old to be an Undergrad. I think of all my classmates as "dang kids."

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>