April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, March 17, 2006

What NOT to do when you're waiting for a boy to call...

...and you're 98 percent sure that he won't:

Do NOT:
  • Watch Pride and Prejudice. Especially alone.
  • Think that the comedy entitled Just Friends will end with the characters being "just friends".
  • Take your cell phone into a concert. You will "check the time" repeatedly throughout the night. It is especially bad when you have the phone on vibrate mode and everytime the bass reverberates, you think your phone is ringing.
  • Let your heart stop when your phone blinks, letting you know you have a voicemail. It's usually your brother or parents.
  • By all means, do not listen to music that reminds you of him. Or any sappy music of any kind.
  • Over-analyze why he's not calling. It's most likely his own hang-ups and has very little to do with you personally. (In fact, keep telling yourself that.)
  • Tell yourself that he'll call tomorrow. He won't. And that's one more day that you'll have your hopes up.
  • Blog about what NOT to do when you're waiting for a boy to call. The boy in question will, inevitably, choose that time to read your blog.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you DID blog about it. It's fun! And so what if he reads it? People need to start being more honest, anyway.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww lauren. nuts to that cat. you are obviously too together for him. if he can't be what you need, its because there is someone out there who can.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Pride & Prejudice has taught us nothing else it's that the brooding, stand-offish men you don't like at first invariably make the best husbands.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Sara: Yeah, I don't really care if he does read it. Maybe then he won't tell a girl that he's going to call her and never call.

Mr. Pulsipher: Aww, thanks. I know logistically that "there is someone out there". But in the meantime, I'm going to let myself wallow in my half-empty mentality for, say, a couple more days.

Ian: Technically, in Pride and Prejudice, you never really see if D'arcy's a good husband -- you just know he's a good man. And don't tell me that, right now. Because aforementioned boy is "brooding," and "stand-offish."

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, lost your number, sorry I didn't get back to you. I can't believe you pinched my bottom.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ha ha! Oh man, that was great, Brigham.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Or, I mean, dang it! See! I told you he would read my blog. Crap.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he reads your blog, he's just getting "152 insights into [your] soul!" That's from "You've Got Mail."

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren: Brooding and standoffish? Right now he's just being inconsiderate and lazy. Or facing the business end of the probulator. Y'know, whichever.

Lexia: That's one of my father's favourite movies; is it any good?

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren, I ate at "Around the Clock" for the first time this weekend. I hear it's one of your favorite places. I really liked the nachos. What do you like best there? And have you been there many times?

12:22 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, Around the Clock was one of my favorite places. Genevieve LOVES that place. Cheap food, you know? I loved the nachos. And the banana pancakes. Anything else is a little risky.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have tasty waffles and chicken fingers as well.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>