April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm almost finished...

with my second annotated bibliography. And good thing, 'cause it's due Monday.

It feels kind of fruitless and pointless really. I don't have to actually write a research paper for this one -- just do the research and annotate it.

Here's the title of the would-be essay: "Like Staring at a Car Accident: Masochism and the Gothic."

Good thing I don't actually have to write this one. I've discovered that I really love abstracts before the article.


In unrelated news, the wasp, after a brief escape, is back. You have no idea how distracting a buzzing wasp can be when you're trying to read about the "dialectical-imaginative" qualities of masochism.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gothic" as in the literary movement, or as in the sub-culture?

You have done all you can for the wasp.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Literary movement. As in The Castle of Otranto.

There is no way I could ever write a dissertation. I get bored with a subject after reading about four sources.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem usually, unless it's in relation to religions and mythologies. That's why I gave up on being an English major.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

On second thought, that title is stupid. I changed it.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>