April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Happy Halloween To Me

Friday morning, as I getting ready for work, I reached for my belt and had a close encounter with a furry creature. No, not a mouse. No, not a squirrel. No, not a bat (but that has happened in the past with Tyler). It was a spider the size of a dog. Okay, not really a dog. But it was huge. And furry. Maybe a wolf spider? Or a freakin' tarantula? Anyway, the spider is no longer with us in this earthly realm. But it is still on my floor because a.) I wanted to make for darn sure that it wasn't going to wake up when I picked it up and b.) if there are any immediate family members in the immediate vicinity, perhaps the corpse of their brother will persuade them to stay hidden. (Although, I don't know that that is any more comforting to me.)

I don't know where this joker came from. I really don't think it could fit through a vent. What REALLY freaks me out is that I had gotten a blanket from our linen closet a couple of days earlier. Geez, I hope that thing didn't hitch a ride and crawl on me in my sleep.

So here's a picture, just to let you know I wasn't exaggerating. And, yes, that is my black suede skirt that it was resting on. And, yes, I did sweep it off of my black suede skirt before I repeatedly whacked it with the broom. Compare it to the shirt tag to the right.


I forgot to say what I'm thankful for: brooms.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's certainly the biggest I've seen East of the Mississippi and North of the Mexican border.

I recommend getting rid of the corpse ASAP. Dead arthropods attract ants.

Also, Happy Halloween!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The correct response is: "GOOOOD NIGHT! That's the biggest spider this side of the Mason-Dixon Line."

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would that this were true! I have seen spiders the size of dinner plates however, well below the Mason-Dixon Line. ;) Be grateful you live in the good ol' US of A!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Okay, so the concensus is it should be: "GOOOOD NIGHT! That's tha biggest spider I seen this side uh tha Mason-Dixon, east uh tha Missuhsip, and north uh that thar Mexico."

Agreed?

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>