April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, October 07, 2005

The Cloud Room

I like their name. I like their music.

They're based in Brooklyn. So you folks up there NEED to check them out. They're in Europe on tour right now, but when they get back...

My dad and I heard them on the way home from work yesterday on the ever-popular XMU station and I said, ahem, and I quote, "Hey, I like them. They sound like a happier Interpol." And this is what SPIN says, "Lead singer J. of the Cloud Room sounds like a happier Paul Banks of Interpol fame. The comparisons to '80's British post-punkers like Joy Division and New Order are easy to make, but the Cloud Room is also clearly influenced by the dance-rock NYC scene in which they flourished."

I understand that there are a lot of bands out there that are compared to Interpol and Joy Division and the like, but these guys are fun. Here's their link. Check out the "Hey Now Now" MP3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>