April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, October 07, 2005

AK-wa-lung


Here are some of the pictures I took at the Aqualung show the other night. It was fun. We got there a little late and missed a song or two, but it was okay. I still got to hear "Good Times Gonna Come" and "Tongue-tied." Ahhh, such good music. They had a little impromptu jam session when one of them broke a string and he sang a little diddy called "The Southampton Blues" which explained why he wasn't qualified to sing the blues. One of the reasons included that there were two black people in his hometown. They finished up the night with a Queen song, "Somebody to Love". Not sure if that's the real title as I am NOT a Queen fan. However, Sara was pretty happy about it.

This one's a little dark, but it's the only one I have of the whole band. Note Ben Hales, the sarcastic (or "cheeky") brother of Matt Hales, to the far left.




Matty Hales in action.



Teenage (drooling) girls at the front. No, I was not one of them. I'm 23.


And this may or may not have been Matt Hales water bottle. Hard to tell.


Sara and me after the show. (Note: For optimal viewing, please leave this photo at small scale. I'm referring to myself -- not Sara.)


WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS NOT PRETTY. This is me the next day at work after going to sleep at 3 AM and getting up at 7 AM. Ok, it's a little exaggerated, but that's how I felt... And please, for the sake of all that is holy, do not enlarge this picture.

(Note: Sara has written a great, descriptive post about the show. If you haven't gotten your fill of Aqualung-related content, here's her link.)




And in unrelated news, I now have an enormous closet.



And not ONE,


But TWO sinks in MY bathroom.


Hopefully, there will be more pictures from the other night courtesy of Sara. As I mentioned, my camera died. But after the show, we met up with Jason, a friend from high school that lives in Atlanta. So Sara has pictures from that reunion. If there are any remotely decent ones of me, I might put 'em up here.



I'm thankful for: rain. I love it like I love...my dogs. Or writing something that I'm proud of. Or the feeling after a good movie. Or Aqualung. Yeah, that's it. Rain and Aqualung.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a closet. Three New York families could live in that thing. And I bet you're glad they don't!

The Aqualung Christmas show in England is down in the seaside town of Brighton. Two hours by train away. Though my crazy Mum loves going to Brighton in the cold weather so maybe we'll have a family day out and they can huddle for warmth in a chip shop while I go to the show. Hmm.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>