April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, September 23, 2005

I know. I know. It's time for an update. It's been a pretty crazy week.

I moved back to Carrollton on Monday, as most of you know. On Tuesday and Wednesday I tried to unpack everything, but I realized that it took me awhile to pack everything, so it'll probably take me awhile to unpack it, right? So my room's pretty, umm, disheveled. But it's getting there.

I started working with my dad at his computer store in Newnan (which is about 30 minutes from our house -- yep, I'm livin' with the folks). I had to get up at 6:15 this morning. Yeah, that's monumental -- it has been years since I got up that early, unless you count staying up until 6:15 in the morning. So my late afternoons/early evenings have consisted of 2 or 3 hour naps.

I realize that all of this information is awe-inspiring and amazing. But so is life in Carrollton. (Notice that I'm writing this at 11:30 PM on a Friday.)

But tomorrow night, Sara and I are driving to Athens to go to a Sufjan Stevens show (yeah, this is my second in about a month). So maybe I'll take pictures and give a review.

In anticipation of seeing "Just Like Heaven" tomorrow, Sara and I just rented "13 Going on 30." And "Can't Hardly Wait." We decided to "dumb it down" tonight. But Ethan Embry? And Mark Ruffalo? Nice. I think I'll fast-forward to the parts with them in it.

Monday morning a group of us went out to breakfast at Veselka. Here are Genevieve's thoughts and pictures. (Can you tell I had just woke up?)

More after my eventful day tomorrow...

I'm thankful for: A place to come home to

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's your town like? The people?

That would be an interesting weekly feature, anyway...posting interesting memories or impresions you have of the place.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll try to have pictures, too.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we should hang out now that you are back in town. i can't believe how long it has been since i have seen you. going to see coldplay tomorrow! :) see ya

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me, margaret, by the way. sorry.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Cool! Let us know how the show was.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>