April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

On How I Measure Time

So I start school on August 29th. My orientation is next week. I am in the back-to-school mentality, for sure. Here are some examples of random thoughts:

1.) I have a Ziploc bag of multivitamins my mom gave me when I was in Georgia. I fit most of them into my old bottle. But a few of them wouldn't fit. Every morning, when I'm taking my multivitamin, I think, "When these are gone, I'll be in school." I count the days by counting the number of vitamins I have left.

2.) There's a movie I want to see coming out in September. And I think, "Oh, I can't wait until that comes out." Then I realize, "Don't wish time away. You'll be in school when that movie comes out."

3.) Same goes for TV shows that start back up in the fall. "Alright! That's coming back on. Aw, crap, I'll be in school."

4.) I fiercely look forward to around October-ish, when I know I'll be well past the going-back-to-school anxieties.

5.) Where will I sit?!?!? (On the first day of classes.)


Let me stop here and emphasize. It's not that I'm dreading going back to school. I'm actually pretty excited about it. But for us folks that get a little bit anxious, for those of us that get Rumbling Gut Syndrome (which, incidentally, I have linked to a vast number of airplane, umm, emergencies and mishaps), it's not the funnest of fun things to do. I know; I know. I'll be fine. I'll make friends. I'll like my classes. But my eyes are definitely on late September/early October...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the ol' "where to sit" question. It's a tough one. I definitely feel ya there, Lauren. But you'll be okay; just take your Pepto Bismal with you! :)

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is the last day you're allowed to drink apple juice until October!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

No kiddin'.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>