April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Happy Birthday, Parker!

Twenty-one years ago today, a chubby little baby named Parker Duffey entered the world. (Yeah, that's right, 21. Yikes.) He was a healthy, cute boy with a really large head. ("Look at the size of the heeed on that boy.") Crawling proved to be a challenge because of the weight of his huge noggin, frequently resulting in a carpet-burn on his forehead. (Although, he still insists he liked the feel of the carpet.)

A few years later, Parker attempted to shave a Nike Swoosh into the back of his head with my mom's razor. (Although, he insisted he "fell" on the razor when he was taking a bath.)

A few years after that, Parker and one of his friends got in trouble for blowing up vials of perfume samples. And that's just what my parents found out about...

Meanwhile, Parker's body final grew to match the size of his head proportionately. However, ironically, this was about the time that Parker got a little full of himself, figuratively resulting in a huge head. (Hey, I'm your sister. I can say that.)

Parker has been the source of a lot of interesting stories. I could tell a million more. (Like the time we found all of those opened baseball card packs under his bed. Or the time he busted out his teeth at the creek. Or when Tyler would pitch to him for hours and when it was Tyler's turn to bat, Parker decided he was tired and ready to go inside.) He definitely kept our childhoods mischievious. I'm so thankful for my little brothers. You both made growing up so much fun.

Happy Birthday, Parker! I love you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyler -- If you're reading this, I just want you to know that Lexia treated me the same way Parker treated you. We would play school, and she would be the teacher. When it was finally my turn, she would say she was tired of playing school. Same with banking and managing a store. I was always the customer. Ah, those blessed days of yore. . . :)

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>