April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

So, umm, I have news.

As some of you know, and some of you don't, I've decided to move back to Georgia.

(This is from an email I sent to Genevieve, who is in London, explaining all of it.)
"I went to orientation at FIT on Monday and found out that I can't get in-state tuition. For a lot of reasons -- my name's not on a lease; I didn't file taxes in the state of NY, etc. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'd be paying $20,000 for an Associates' Degree. When I was expecting about $8000. And when I can get an academic scholarship if I was in the state of Georgia to finish a Bachelors'.

So. I'm moving back to good ol' G-A. I'm gonna live with my parents until Jan. when I hope to be starting school (maybe at Georgia State in Atlanta?). To finish an English degree. Yeah, it's been a long, crazy, sad, relieved week. I've been starting to get tired of New York for a while, and I want to be closer to my grandparents right now."

I don't really want to talk about "feelings" right now. But there will be plenty of posts about what I'm going to miss about New York. And I plan on doing everything I've wanted to do in New York before I pick up the rental van that I'm driving home on September 17th. So I'll document all of that stuff, too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rats.

Well, you still rock.

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren, this didn't surprise me, and I'm not exactly referring to the post. :)

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FROM A GOOD FRIEND IN GOOD OL' G-A I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE COMING HOME! Call me selfish...but I'm happy.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Awww, I know I'll be missed. But the good people of Georgia have gone without me for long enough.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>