April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

My 50th Post

Yep, this is my 50th post to this site. Exciting, huh?

There's not that much to write about except the fact that I'm moving on Monday. I feel really weird. I'm in a daze -- this funk where I stare at the wall and don't blink for hours. I'm not sad. I'm not happy.

I've shipped off all of my stuff. I'm even sleeping on one of Lexia's pillows and with one of her blankets. It feels like I'm on a really anti-climactic vacation. I'm living out of a suitcase. The apartment doesn't feel like my apartment anymore. I feel like a visitor, but not even the kind of visitor that people are excited to see after a long absence because I've been here all along.

Tonight I'm having dinner with the two families that I've babysat for for almost two years. It's going to be tough... Then I'm having a party on a friend's roof after that to tell everybody 'bye.

I don't know if it's because I just got a new Kashmir CD (okay, I got two, but the other one is awful. Terrible, I tell you. Suffice it to say, there's white boy rap involved, of the Faith No More variety.) and I've been listening to it non-stop, but I feel like a Kashmir song sounds. Not one in particular, just as a whole. I guess that means nothing to you if you haven't heard this album. Here's a link. It has all of the songs from The Good Life (coincidentally, a pretty dark record). Be sure to listen to "Lampshade" and "Gorgeous." The album's not as good as Zitilights, but it's still pretty good. Maybe I just feel a sense of loyalty because I met them.

Anyway, I've rattled on long enough about nothing. Later.

I'm thankful for: Reghan's box set of Felicity episodes, Season 4.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this earlier and it wouldn't let me for some reason:

White-boy RAP? On a Kashmir album? Why, oh why would they do that to us?

Was it a newer one or an older one?

2:13 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, it's pretty scary. It was on their first album. They've gotten progressively better.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*collective sigh of relief*

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>