April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

So, at the request of a couple of folks, I'm writing a new post. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to write about, but I guess that never stopped me before, huh?

Honestly, I've been steering clear of writing a post for a while because I've felt pretty bored and lonely and crappy about myself and my future. So I knew that anything I wrote on here would run the risk of sounding really pessimistic and negative. But I'll just give y'all an overview of what's going on right now.

I bought two new CDs today. The new Franz Ferdinand album because Brigham raved about it. (Although I can't find that post of his.) And because the last one was fun. I also bought the new Sufjan Stevens album. I'd been holding off on this one because I love Seven Swans and didn't want to ruin it, in case this one wasn't as good. But it's good. Not as good as Seven Swans, but I think Seven Swans is probably the best album since Abbey Road. Or possibly Kashmir's Travelogue. (I'm kidding. See "My 50th Post". )

Anyway, yeah, Illinois (Sufjan's latest album) is good, but I've written a lot about him lately, so I'll spare you.

I've started writing again. I've got lots of ideas running around in my head. Just have to lasso them and get them on paper. If I ever finish, I'll send out copies for everybody to help me edit it. That's IF I ever finish it.

I've been having crazy dreams lately. That are really entertaining. That's good, I guess because I've been pretty bored. At least my subconcious is active.

I've realized that a stagnant, boring life actually is really good for a writer or artist of any type. Forget heartache and drama. Boredom makes the imagination go crazy. I'm building all of these stories in my head which, I don't know, may not be that healthy but at least I still recognize reality versus fantasy. Right now, anyway.

So I went to the mall with Sara today. I wanted to buy those CDs and a few more. It is ridiulously difficult to find music around here. We drove 45 minutes to the mall and I couldn't even find The Cloud Room or Mobias Band at FYE or Borders. Geez, I should open my own music stores around here, but I guess with iTunes and Amazon.com, it wouldn't really be a lucrative business. Besides, around here people only listen to rap, country, or Dashboard Confessional junk. None of which I would carry in my little music shop.

I've had a sort of job opportunity present itself. I met a pilot the other day that wants to start taking aerial photographs. He asked me if I'd like to work with him. I think it'd be fun. Again, not exactly a lucrative business, but it'd be a fun addition. I think it'd be nice to see the sun coming up from a little Cessna every morning. If I had an opportunity for a nap at some point during the day.

I'm coming to New York on the first weekend of November. (Yay! That's soon!) I think we're flying up on the 3rd and staying until the 6th. So mark your calendars folks 'cause we're gonna have some fun.

I know this was a pretty boring post, but I thought I'd just get caught up on what's going on with me. As minute and blah as it may sound.


I'm thankful for: Cooler weather! Yay! I wore a sweatshirt today!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you wrote a lot of nothing, but I just want you to know that all of those nothings meant . . . something.

Name that movie!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? Was that so hard? That was a great post. I'd like to hear more about your stories when you have the time and inclination. I've been forcing myself to write as well.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, I would tell about the stories I've got in mind, but some things just aren't meant to be discussed on the world wide web. Yes, I realize that it's kind of ironic that I'll write about anything BUT that, but...

I even thought about writing the story on here in installments but, I don't know what if somebody else takes it?

11:44 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

And yes, I do realize that there are grammatical errors in that last comment I left.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>