April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I had a dream last night.

(This post is dedicated to Sara and Lexia. :) )

I had a dream last night that I was at some weird high school reunion but there were about three classes (1998, 1999, and 2000) that were, umm, reunioning. We were all in the football stadium, and I was by myself and didn't know where to sit. (And I looked good except that I was wearing this really conservative long skirt that made me look Amish.) I didn't see anybody I recognized but Sara. And when I waved to her, she turned away and walked to the place where all of the class of 1999 was sitting. Then I saw Sarah Shoemaker who told me she was married (because she is).

Flash forward and I'm watching speed skating. (I watched that last night before I went to bed.) You know the guys wear these unitard things with hoods? Well, in my dream I thought, "Hey, those guys are totally phallic symbols in my dream. Sara and Lexia are gonna love this." (Like it was a joke.)

Then I was on this Bachelor-like show, horseback riding on the beach. But I can't remember the guy. Then I woke up.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you in The Batchelor. I think you have that particular brand of cut-throat bimboness that's required to vanquish those, ehh, like, other women, whatevah... And that group hug and cry thing, that's so you as well. I really want to be one of your bridesmaid's. Do you think the network would pay me for that?? Then maybe I could be the next Batchelorette. It's all starting to come together. Awesome!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah. It's definitely me, huh?

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'd both win. I have no idea what winning on that show consists of, but I'm sure you'd both manage it; you're resourceful.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! I laughed a lot about that speed skating thing. That was FUN-NY! Oh, Lauren. You know I take your thoughts and words seriously. I didn't mean to make this dream thing a big deal at all. But you did open a can of worms. I mean, dreams are so personal to people. And dream interpretation? Even personaler. :)

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check this... friday night i was the MC for our ward awkward fest/valentines day thingy... i also took the liberty of putting together a "love" mix for the event. i brought my ipod and hooked it up to the PA.

that night, i had a dream that i was attending stake conference and someone had stolen my ipod. and i was furious.

i have dreams about someone stealing my ipod... all the time.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hmm, I'd be interested in seeing what was on that love mix. Did you go the Al Green/Motown route or what?

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, since you asked so nicely...

For No One -Azure Ray
Into The Mystic -Van Morrison
Lay Lady Lay -Magnet
This Modern Love -Bloc Party
Le Ciel Dans Une Chambre -Carla Bruni
Into My Arms -Nick Cave
Fade into You -Mazzy Star
Love You Madly -Cake
This Year's Love -David Gray
If She Wants Me -Belle & Sebastian
Crazy In Love -Beyonce
Lovefool -The Cardigans
Be Gentle with Me -The Boy Least Likely To
Northern Sky -Nick Drae
Just Like Heaven -The Cure
Two Of Us The Beatles
Amie -Pure Prairie League
Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me) -The Temptations the Temptations
Swallowed In The Sea -Coldplay
Lets Get it On -Marvin Gaye
I Walk the Line -Johnny Cash

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carla Bruni - is that the Italian bird, about 34, used to be a model? Our ward's celebration of Valentine's Day thankfully was limited to a pink junk food themed linger longer. I completely overdosed on cupcakes. Which means I had two.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of those songs/bands are familiar to my make-out hard compilation Mr. Clark.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bilaeva.

yes, same one. she's great, you should check her out on itunes

lexia... yes... the sexy factor is heavy on some of those

8:52 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Into the Mystic is, as I've heard from more than one person, the best make-out song ever.

Good stuff. Gooood stuff.

Hmm, maybe I'll write my own list for tomorrow. "Tongue-Tied: The Anatomy of a Make-out Session II", if you will.

And, don't forget guys, I'm related to Johnny Cash.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two "albums" of that sort. One is for love/romance; the other is for lust/debauchery. The Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds tune and The Cure song are both on the former.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>