April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Friday, March 17, 2006

This was obviously written by a woman.

"Without much pain, few do Love's joys respect;
Then are the sweetest purchased with felt grief,
To floods of woe sweet looks give relief;
A world of sorrow is eased with one smile,
And heart-wounds cured when kind words rule the while.
That foregone wailings, in forgotten thought
Shall wasted lie disdained, once dearly bought."

From "Love's Victory" by Mary Wroth

And, seriously, this has nothing to do with the last post. I just thought it was nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great poem.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I go again: http://gaffa.org/sensual/l_coth.html

This was one of my favourite songs when I was younger. This poem reminded me of it.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>