April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Happy Birthday, Parker! (Like he reads my blog...)

Today is Parker's 22nd birthday. It's gonna be a big year for him. He'll graduate with a Landscape Design degree in December, and he'll be getting married in May. (See last year's post.)

So this weekend, we all came to my parents' house in Wedowee to celebrate his birthday. Friday night we had a full house -- Parker, Melanie, Tyler, and I were all here. (My parents' house is actually what used to be our "cabin"; it has one bedroom and a loft.) To give us a little more space, my dad parked our R.V. in the driveway. So I slept out in the R.V. Friday night. It rained during the night, and let me tell you, there is nothing better than waking up to the sound of rain on the roof.
Nothing better.


Yesterday Tyler, Parker, and Melanie all left but I decided to stay here the rest of the weekend. So there's plenty of room in the house for me to sleep. But I still slept out in the R.V. last night.

Which brings me to one of my new goals and aspirations... At some point in my life, I want to live in an R.V. for at least a month. Yeah, add "R.V. resident" to the list of things I want to be when I grow up. (You know, the list that includes wife, mother, published author, and world travelller.) Hey, I survived a New York City apartment. I think I can survive a Winnebago...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked living in an RV. We traveled from Maryland to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, from upstate NY to Las Vegas and everywhere in-between when I was a kid.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>