April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Update

I've been MIA since last Wednesday when I turned in all of my assignments. I've done a lot of things I've been wanting to do. I have pictures of some of the things I've done over the past week, but they're on my computer and my wireless card's not working. So I'm using Sara's computer.

So I'll just list some of the things and give pictures later. (All of the pictures are on my flickr account.)

Over the last week, I:
  • Updated my flickr account. I finally broke down and upgraded to a pro account so that I have more storage space on there. So all of my Ireland photos are up. Along with pictures of our apartment, my plants, and my trip to Cheaha (in Alabama).
  • Watched a lot of Sara's DVDs -- and not just DVDs -- miniseries. (I've got to get 'em all in before school starts.) I've mostly stuck to the period pieces: Wives and Daughters, North and South, Berkeley Square, etc.
  • Went hiking at Cheaha (the day after I turned in all of my assignments). I really needed the fresh air.
  • Bought the July issue of Mojo which came with a CD called "Revolver Reloaded" -- The Beatles' Revolver covered by various bands including everyone's favorite... Luke Temple covering Dr. Robert.
  • Read a lot of Kierkegaard.
  • Joined Netflix. And watched my first three movies: Bloody Sunday, This is My Father, and The Matchmaker. All films with Irish content. (If you want to bawl your eyes out, watch This is My Father. Even I cried.)
  • Got A's in both of my summer classes.
  • Went to a soccer game. Atlanta has a professional soccer team (in the USL) called the Atlanta Silverbacks. A group of us went to a game last Friday. It was a lot of fun. It's a really small, new stadium and we sat right behind the makeshift "drum corps." These guys were all of the rejects from high school (I know that's mean, but you should've seen them.) They must've been into Dungeons and Dragons. Had to be. But they definitely made the game more, um, interesting. There were a few hot players, too. One of the guys is from Ireland. (That's right, I looked up their stats.) AND, he's played for Luton, Genevieve. Thought that was pretty cool.

Point is, I'm already getting bored. It's too hot to do much outside unless you're in the water. (Hmm, maybe I'll go to the lake this week.) Give me some ideas, people. I have 20 days to fill. What can I do? You can only check your email so many times in a day... (By the way, I welcome any and all personal emails and/or phone calls.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That last sentence was my favorite! If I didn't have to work, we could do so much stuff together -- darn that work. :(

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Netflix also has Ballykissangel. It's a BBC series about an English priest in Ireland. You should get that next. there's four series, so that should keep you occupied for a while. I wish I could have gone to the footie with you. Next time you've got to chat up the Luton fellow (blag your way into the players lounge). The football ground is actually right next to the house my Mum grew up in. Even in our new place, you can still here the cheering on a Sunday afternoon.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hmm, I'll have to look into Ballykissangel. (Is that a real place, by the way?)

It would be fun to talk to that Irish guy. But I'm not that assertive.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ballykissangel" is a good show (my father *loved* it) but alas! it's not a real place.

I think I heard in an interview that it was based on a real village where the creator used to live.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hatin' on the former D&D crowd... tha's cold. We're so much cooler than those guys were.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

You're right, Brian. People that were/are into D&D are cooler than those guys. But how would you classify them? I mean, one of 'em was wearing one of those wrestling masks for the whole first half. You saw that, right?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

P.S. Ballykissangel is now officially in my queue. All of 'em.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of your apartment, Lauren!! I love both your rooms and I had no idea you loved plants so much! I am moving into my new place next week. We should have a mutual apartment visiting ;o) I've mentioned that to Sara before, too. We should hang out!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>