April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Monday, July 24, 2006

I've been waiting for this moment all my life.

Okay, not really.
But I've complained for about six months that no good bands ever come to Atlanta. It looks like every single band out there took heed. Because they're all coming to Atlanta this fall. What's a (broke) girl to do? And I'm going to try to fit my classes in there somewhere.

Here's the list:

Aug. 1 Tom Waits (Tickets to this show are $60, though. Not quite in my budget.)

Aug. 2 The Subjects (Remember them from Red Hook? With the guitarist that had the hole in his pants? And looked like Stephanie? Yeah, they're coming to town.)

Aug. 14 Say Hi To Your Mom (Probably won't go to this one.)

Aug. 18 The Whigs (in Athens. Also not likely I'll be there.)

Aug. 19 Of Montreal (in Athens. I WILL be there.)

Aug. 26 Modern Skirts (in Athens. Doubt it.)

Sept. 6 Snow Patrol (Hopefully...)

Sept. 13 Flaming Lips (Tickets aren't that cheap. Wish I could've seen 'em back in the mid-90's. Probably won't go.)

---- And here's the killer week ----

Sept. 17 Band of Horses

Sept. 18 Rogue Wave (in Athens)

Sept. 19 The Raconteurs (Tickets are $30. But I REALLY want to go to this show.)

Sept. 20 Sufjan Stevens (at the Fox Theatre. Only show I actually have tickets for at this point. Also on my dad's birthday.)

Sept. 22 Architecture in Helsinki (in Athens)

Sept. 24 Richard Buckner (Maybe I will and maybe I will.)

Oct. 14 Built to Spill (in Athens)


See? Should I buy groceries and eat them alone in my apartment? Or starve and go to concerts all fall long? And who will be my concert buddy? There's no Genevieve in Atlanta... I've already bugged poor Sara to go with me to some of them.

Yesss. It's gonna be a good fall. And I'll be losing weight. :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom Waits is worth it. Honestly. Even if he only does songs from "Real Gone," it's TOTALLY worth it. Also, Snow Patrol = great. Those are the ones I'd make a point of seeing.

Maybe you can meet cool new people at the shows Sara won't go to? They won't measure up, sure, but they can be your stop gap solutions...

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, also:

"Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies
And I can feel it coming in the air tonight..."

3:09 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hmm, I think, in order of priority, it goes something like this:

1. Sufjan (of course. He's my Jimmy Fallon. :) )

2. Of Montreal

3. The Raconteurs

4. Richard Buckner

5. The Subjects ('cause it'd be fun.)

6. Built to Spill

7. Rogue Wave

8. Snow Patrol

9. Tom Waits

10. Flaming Lips

and the rest? Eh...

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't bugged me. I just can't go to as many because it's hard for me to stay out late now. I mean, I know I do it, but I try really hard every day to get to bed at a decent hour. Maybe I should just scrap it and go to whatever I want!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In some ways, [Lauren,] you and I are very different people."

Although I can understand Sufjan's place on your list, given your fondness for him.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I say to heck with responsibility, Sara. Bring on the noise!

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean bring on the ILLInoise!

I want to see Of Montreal so badly. Maybe they'll be coming here soon. I'll check right now...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

If Of Montreal is playing in Athens, I think they'll probably play in NYC or Brooklyn. They are from Athens, though.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>