April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I can tell that we are gonna be friends.

Sara wrote a great post about who she would be friends with if all the circumstances were right and she could actually meet these people.

Following suit, I'd like to make my own post about who I think I would have a natural inclination to befriend. Oddly enough, I'm finding that these people generally fall into two categories: authors or those people I would like to help/save. What does that say about me? There are a couple that don't fall into either of these categories, but for the most part...

Here we go, in no particular order:

Authors:

The Apostle Paul -- such a thinker.


Voltaire -- author of Candide; satirical genius.


J.D. Salinger -- author of Catcher in the Rye; hermit.


Saul Bellow -- GREAT short story writer


Flannery O'Connor -- short story writer from Georgia; transformed the short story; died at the age of 39 from lupus.


Anne Tyler -- author of The Accidental Tourist, A Slipping-Down Life; sort of a hermit.


Of the "I would like to save" variety:

Nick Drake -- musician


Kurt Cobain -- musician


Van Gogh -- painter


Miscellaneous (mostly of the "I would REALLY like to meet" variety):


Jason Lee -- comedic genius (actor)


Sufjan Stevens -- musical genius


Ryan Gosling -- the brooding actor (note the Darfur t-shirt)


Rory Cochran -- think Dazed and Confused, Empire Records (actor)


Johnny Cash -- musician, 8th cousin twice removed

Jason O'Mara -- Irish-born actor; quite the looker

Mr. Darcy -- hero of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice


Okay, so that was probably more fun for me than it was for you. But I rather enjoyed it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you find Jason O'Mara?? I thought he was pretty obscure. I across sat from him on an underground train once. Recognised him immediately. Tall, curley hair, seriously gorgeous in person!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

UGH! I'm so jealous.

Sara owns the Berkeley Square box set and I've been watching him, err, them.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say the Apostle Peter, but I felt sort of odd about that. Glad you had the courage to do as you pleased!

Also, Rory Cochrane is great. Have you seen "A Scanner Darkly"? He really steals the show.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. Cochran.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought Jason O'Mara was cute. And that picture of Kurt Cobain? BE-A-UTIFUL.

Jason Lee really would be fun to know, even though he's a bit naughty sometimes.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason Lee is fantastic.

"My Name Is Earl" is one of my favorite shows. I was ahead of the curve on "Arrested Development," and it looks like i was ahead of it here too!

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Mr. Darcy!! Why didn't I think of that? (Or Colin Firth would be good, too.) And Mr. Bennett, too. He cracks me up!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of your friends are pretty.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

The authors aren't that pretty.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>