April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Summer of Firsts

It's been a great summer so far. It's been a summer of firsts.

This summer I've experienced:

-- my first trip to Ireland. Hopefully, it was the first of many.
-- my first lease-signing for an apartment. (Come visit. See below.)
-- my first time watching a complete soccer match. From start to finish. I'm hooked. I watched the Portugal/Netherlands match last Sunday. And wow. Is soccer always this insane? I had no fingernails left. (Which, okay, is a regular occurence.)
-- my first summer classes. I've always avoided summer classes like the plague and worked every summer. But I guess if it's study abroad, it's a little different. Still. I'm doing homework. In the summer.

I've really been enjoying myself so far. Hope you have been having a great summer, too!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

16 yellow cards and 4 reds... football's never that insane 'cept world cup.

I'm still hoping I've got it recorded somewhere. I didn't get to see it.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer courses are HIGHLY overrated.

Ireland however...

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

World Cup!!! Thank you, Lauren, for posting about it. Americans are way too mellow about this very important event ;o) I never have any finger nails during this season and they refuse to grow back for months afterwards (all that trauma they keep struggling with)... I'm exaggerating, but I love to watch soccer. Especially when Germany keeps winning ;o)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, I'm actually hoping that Germany and Portugal end up playing. I really like Michael Ballack. And Cristiano Ronaldo.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is the first summer post on your blog going to be?

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in New York everyone is really excited about the World Cup. I hear people everwhere on the street and in stores talking about it. Even at church, you couldn't escape it if you wanted to. Maybe it will spark an interest in a proper regular football league. It's such a great game.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>