April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Fire in the hole!

Yesterday I was reading a book about the history of Ireland. I started dozing off. Eyes shut. Head on the armrest of the couch. Nobody home. So quiet. And...

KA-BOOM!

A blast that shook the ground, rattled all of the windows, and made me jump a mile. Quickly followed by debris hitting the roof of my house. I'm not talking dirt. I'm talking rocks. And we have skylights.

Our neighborhood is across the street from the new Super Wal-Mart and three of the houses next to us have been sold as commercial property. They've bulldozed all of the houses and I guess now they're working on breaking up the foundations or rock below the foundations or something.

I'm 24. I'm in pretty decent shape. Our neighbors are all old. I hope none of them had heart attacks yesterday afternoon at around 5 PM.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you can sue the company if their little project causes damage to your house or property? It should...

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>