April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Take it on home Alice.


That's right. School's out. (At least until summer classes start.) It's weird, though. I don't feel a real sense of closure. I feel like I should still be going to class tomorrow. I wonder why. Maybe because I actually enjoyed my classes (excluding francais) this semester. (That's a good sign, huh?)

Anyway. I have absolutely nothing I have to do until May 23. Besides read travel books, the short stories of Frank O'Connor, and a book on the history of Ireland. And download the rest of my CDs onto my iPod (I'm only on the B's in my collection), buy a good raincoat, a electricity converter, a good digital camera (have you seen the new ones with Bluetooth? Awesome.), and a calling card.

It is going to be a sweet two weeks. Better enjoy it. 'Cause the day after I get back from Ireland, my summer class starts. And we have to read 5 novels in that class, including one that is 950 pages long. (An American Tragedy. Anybody read it?)

I'm thankful that: My brother Parker is doing an internship in Atlanta this summer! I'll get to see him more.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working on reading the Old Testament and it's like 1,500 pages. I'm giving myself a year to finish it, though. Congratulations on surviving your first semester at GSU!!! School is fun. FUN!!!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Alice Cooper. He's got the prescription for the daily blues.

I also am reading the Old Testament. I'm finishing up Numbers.

My last exam/paper was yesterday! I am free until the 15th! Time to be indolent!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Well we can't salute ya / can't find a flag / if that don't suit ya, that's a drag"

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>