April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Touristers

I'm back from Ireland. Got back into town yesterday. I had a completely amazing (That's right, not just amazing. Completely amazing.) trip. With completely amazing people. I've got a lot that I want to talk about, but it just doesn't work to talk about it. People inevitably get bored with talk of something they have never experienced. And words just don't work. Words can't convey the smell of the wind, the panoramic views that reach as far as you can see. And neither do photos.

But I'm gonna post them anyway.

I'd like to dedicate this post to my favorite touristers*: Kasey and Stephanie. It wouldn't have been even half as fun without you two.

(Note that, yes, it is 7 AM on Saturday morning. Still on Ireland time.)

So here are those pictures.

The Cliffs of Moher



An Ancient Viking Burial



Limestone Fences



I thought the kid was going to get his hand bitten.



Galway



Crazy Irish Friends (from Kasey's myspace page.)



On the edge at Dun Aengus (Inishmor, Aran Islands)


Me and the Girls (l to r: Karen, me, Angela, Shelley, Kasey; front: Stephanie)



* "Touristers" is a term that Stephanie came up with to describe us. Not to be confused with the tourist who wears a fanny pack and white tennis shoes. Also not to be confused with the hipster who would have been completely at home in the hostels we stayed in along the way. We decided we would much prefer the Westin in Dublin. (There was something funky in the sink drain.)

On the plate today? Apartment hunting with Sara in Atlanta.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lo, There Do I See My Father
Lo, There Do I See My Mother
My Sisters And My Brothers
Lo, There Do I See My People
Back To The Beginning
Lo, There Do They Call To Me
And Beg Me To Take My Place
In The Halls Of Valhalla
Where The Brave May Live Forever

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lo, there Lauren. You look great! I just watched a movie that was set in Ireland and thought, "hey, Lauren's there." Tell me all about it and send me more pictures. Notice I'm a "Blogger" now.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yep. I have to update my links. There's a new Blogger in the family.

I'm gonna put all of my pictures on my flickr account eventually. I'll let y'all know when I have 'em up.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After much reflection, I proclaim the photo "On the edge at Dun Aengus" to be the best of the lot. You look great. The Lighting's great. The colours are great. Great picture all around, and a very wise choice for your "icon."

6:35 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>