April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Let's Have Bizarre Celebrations: Of Montreal, of Athens, GA

Last night, Lexia and I drove to Athens and saw Of Montreal play at the 40-Watt. We met up with Martin (who we both knew from NYC; he goes to UGA.) and Martin's friend Curtis (from Douglasville. Small world, huh?)

Of Montreal is based out of Athens. I was hoping they'd play a special show since they were in their hometown. But every show that Of Montreal puts on is special, entertaining, and a little weird. I don't know how they'd make it any better, really.

It was a GREAT show. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. (Best viewed while listening to Sunlandic Twins or, according to Lexia, Cherry Peel.)

P.S. A highlight of the show (but, of course not THE highlight of the show) was a new song of theirs (out in January) that's chorus went something like: "There's a girl that left me bitter. I want to pay another girl to just go up and hit her." Okay, that might not sound as funny out of context. But, yeah...







Before the show, we went to Ben and Jerry's and Lexia got a little crazy.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That line is both hilarious and ingenious!

My friend Cristalle could take down just about anybody; she's an ex-punk who plays rugby!

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I love the new title!

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>