April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Upcoming Shows

The Black Keys show at the Variety Playhouse tomorrow night is sold out. I had psyched myself up to go alone. That's what I get for procrastinating.

Have you ever been to a show alone? I think it would be a little weird and awkward, but I was kind of looking forward to it. Kind of a rite of passage, I guess. What would I have done between sets when people talk over the extremely loud garage beats? Well, let's just say, you guys probably would have gotten a lot of text messages...

But here's the important part:
  • If you live in NYC, a friend of mine (from Atlanta) is playing at the Lit Lounge on 2nd Ave. and 5th tomorrow night (Friday). The name of the band is Parade. So if you don't have plans, you should check them out. Tell the bassist (Emily) that Lauren sent ya.
  • If you live in Atlanta (or the surrounding areas), a guy I know from Brooklyn is playing at the Variety Playhouse next Tuesday night (the 14th) . His band, The End of the World, is opening for Cursive. I'm definitely going, and I've talked Sara into going with me. Anybody else wanna come? You are cordially invited. (You can stream their new album here. Look to the left of the page.)
C'mon, guys. Get out and about and enjoy yourselves by listenin' to some fine tunes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chase and I had tickets to see some band she liked last Tuesday. Unfortunately she cancelled at the last minute and I couldn't find anyone to go with me in time. I debated going by myself, but concluded that going alone to a performance by a band I don't know in a venue I don't particularly care for where I would be surrounded by drunks was not my idea of a good time. I stayed at home and had cake instead.

I did go to see Bauhaus alone last year, and it was worth the awkwardness. I'd definitely go alone to see Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, U2, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, The Sisters of Mercy, Tori Amos or Dead Can Dance. Maybe Prince too. Basically, I'd REALLY have to like the music to go.

As for upcoming shows, I'm going to see Regina Spektor this month.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>