April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Celeb Sighting of THIS Week


So, that's right, girls. I saw Adrian Grenier. Here's the story:

Stephanie Young, Laura Young, and Genevieve Bovee met me at my place and we went to dinner at Two Boots. Those of you that are familiar with Two Boots know that it's a good little place with normal food. Nothing fancy.

As we were seated, Stephanie and Laura pointed out that there was a famous guy across the restaurant from us. Yes, this was Mr. Grenier. He was sitting with a group of about 10 people -- an odd "entourage". (Okay, I HAD to say it.) There was a couple of little girls, some average-looking middle-aged people, and some Brooklyn-trust-fund-lookin'girls. (He was hugging the little girls as we left. Awww. He is like Chase from "Drive Me Crazy" when he played with the kids with waterguns.)

Upon a little research, I found that he was in town today (I assume he lives in LA while filming "Entourage"...) to be on "Regis and Kelly." I also found that he is from Brooklyn and his birthday is next Monday. Could this have been a birthday dinner we were witnessing?

I have to add that as he was leaving the restaurant he said, "'Bye-'bye" (not just one "'bye," mind you.) to the waiter as he rolled out his rolly-backpack thing. And it was definitely a backpack, not a carry-on with wheels. Maybe he has a bad back? Anyway, that's kind of the equivalent of, say, one of the Olsen twins wearing orthopedic granny shoes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! I think he's cute. Adrian!!!! (Somebody HAD to say it!)

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should post a complete list of your NYC sitings. Here's mine:

Clinton from TLC's "What Not to Wear"
Christian Slater and Jessica Lange (if a Broadway play counts...:)

-Margaret

12:31 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hmmm...maybe I will.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think a play counts. They're at work, not being themselves. And it's much better that way sometimes. For example, Willem Dafoe is always kind of unpleasant looking on film (even when he's not the bad guy) but flagging down a taxi at Fifth Ave and 20th street on a sunny spring day, he was actually quite attractive.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, I agree. A new post is in the works but, as some of you know, I'm out of town this week. So it might be a little delayed.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>