April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

You know how your face tightens up when you get into a really hot car? That's what life is like in a 6-floor walk-up apartment in New York City with no air conditioner when it's 98 FREAKIN' DEGREES OUTSIDE (and, coincidentally, 100 degrees inside).

I've got quite a few topics to write about tonight.

You should all watch the movie Crash. It's pretty poignant. Even Lexia kind of liked it, although she maintains that something about it bothered her, but she can't remember what that something was. Apparently, "moving at the speed of life, we are bound to collide with each other." (Couldn't they come up with something a little less cliche?)

Amish Country, while beautiful and welcome to these city-weary eyes, was a disappointment. I should clarify, though. I think I wanted to experience "The Witness" and actually become a respected member of their community while still being an outsider. And marry a young widower or something with a child named Zebediah or Ezekiel. I didn't know that I couldn't even take a picture of them or that they would look the other way when they saw us coming. I seriously had no interaction with any Amish person. They're not a welcoming lot.


More to come...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for updates!

I hate heat. It is difficult for someone of my carriage. Curse my mesomorphic build! I dream of living in a world of perpetual winter: a cold, still world washed clean under layer upon layer of pure, white snow and ice...

I recommend "Batman Begins." I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I thought it was absolutely great, though that might be because themes of vengeance, violence, obsession and justice appeal to the more visceral aspects of my masculinity. Katie Holmes was, of course, the weakest part of the film--every time she came on-screen I felt like I was watching "Dawson's Creek" reruns.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited you have finally added a new post! I don't really have a real comment about it, though. So when you write your "more," I will make a comment of substance.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Boo, Katie Holmes. And boo, mesomorphic body types. Although, there's something to be said about being able to push mountains into the sea using only brute force.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I hope I am doing this right. The instructions for adding a post are in German.

Thought I feel I have nothing poetic to say about your blog, I must thank you for making it. I feel in touch with my old New York life again, especially with your description of the heat. I strangely miss it, though it is hot enough here in Vienna these days. I look forward to hearing more stories, and I love that when I read, I can picture you speaking the words!

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is "poignant"

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>