April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bet You Couldn't Guess. . .

I got tagged by Lindsey -- I have to list five things that most people don't know about me. This could get interesting. Or not.

1. I used to be a punk rocker. I never dressed the part, but I was all about some old school punk -- The Clash (still listen to them about once a week), Rancid, Operation Ivy, Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, (old) Green Day, every Punk-O-Rama album ever made, you get the idea.

2. I wish my ears didn't stick out as much as they do.

3. I make a "mirror face" -- when I look in the mirror, I make a weird face. My whole family does it. I think it's because I don't like the way my face looks when it's slack.

4. I decided that I don't really like The Beatles that much. Except for a few of George's songs that are very un-Beatle-y.

5. I've changed my degree from Business Management, to Fine Art (Photography), and I'm finally ending up with an English degree with a Creative Writing concentration. (Business Management -- HA!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were in Business Management? REALLY? Wow, you've come a long way!

I like your ears.

I just avoid looking at myself in the mirror. Hence my usual appearance.

I have never really liked the Beatles.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I think liking the Beatles should be a requirement to get to Heaven 'cause it's sinful to not like them.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Holy crap, blasphemey!! Have you heard The White Album? A lot of the early stuff I can do without but their mid and later stuff is brilliant.

So let me get this straight according to you:

Of Montreal > The Beatles

I'm convinced that anyone that doesnt like The Beatles either doesnt like music or is too much of a hipster to like something EVERY ONE else likes. A music fan who doesnt like The Beatles is like a human who doesnt like air. ok, maybe that didnt work as well as it did in my head. :-)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I know. I know. I mean, I respect the Beatles and what they did for popular music and all that, but there are only about three or four songs that I really like.

So...

Of Montreal > The Beatles,

only in regards to pure listening pleasure FOR ME.

But...

Of Montreal < The Beatles,

in scope of everything else, probably.

Capisce?

9:15 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

P.S. And I definitely don't not like them because everybody else does. I'm not that hipster, or indie, or cool, or stupid, or what-have-you.

Actually, I think it happens the other way around most of the time. People get sucked into the peer pressure of knowing every Beatles' song ever written. Because, you know, if you don't know the Beatles, every song that came after them is completely void and insignificant. :)

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. I mean, with that kind of cultural/social pressure you might start to think that liking them should be a requirement for getting into Heaven...

Oooh! Snap!

Maybe it's because I was born too late to catch the fever, or because we never listened to them when i was a kid so there's no nostalgia attached to them, but I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. There are two or three song that I do enjoy on their own merit ("I Am The Walrus", "Yesterday" and maybe "Hey Jude") but that's about it.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>