April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Serious Business

I do my best thinking while I'm either cooking or drying my hair.

And I was thinking yesterday as I was chopping tomatoes:

Nobody deserves love. And everybody deserves love.

Let me explain.

Everybody has faults. Every single person. But that doesn't make us unlovable. In fact, because we all have faults and flaws and hiccups, we are lovable. So... because we are all flawed and human, we all deserve love.

But love is this crazy, spiritual, unearthly thing. It's transcendent. But we can still experience it. And I mean, experience it WHOLLY and FULLY. I know several of you can testify to feeling other spiritual "awakenings" or "revelations" or what-have-you. But think about love. I mean, really think about it. It's a spiritual feeling or emotion or "awakening" that can last a lifetime. Sure love morphs or sometimes disappears over time. But how completely fortunate are we to even be able to experience it at all?

And because love is what it is, none of us deserve it. And we still always want more.

And in the end, the love we take is equal to the love we make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>