April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Do the Arctic Monkeys warrant all the hype?

I think not.

a.) "Arctic Monkeys" is possibly one of the worst names for a band I have ever heard. No, it's THE worst.

b.) There are much better British bands out there right now. You want me to name a few? (Genevieve, help me out here.) The Futureheads, Kaiser Chiefs, Aqualung, Bloc Party, Faultline, or even The Libertines, for cryin' out loud. And while most of these bands are surrounded by just as much hype as the Arctic Monkeys (if not more), I feel that it is actually warranted.

c.) They're just bad. Too much distortion or something. Bass is too heavy. I don't know. I just don't like 'em, and I wonder how/why so many people do. What am I missing here?

I mean, today Chris Martin said, "Obviously, the Arctic Monkeys are the greatest band in the world." I disagree with you on a lot of things, Chris. And this is one of them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're just trying to provoke me.
I'm resisting.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a.) Teenage girls from the UES were wearing their t-shirts months ago, a clear sign that something's amiss

b.) At least they're better than Babyshambles

c.) I'm not mad for these guys either, although this has to be the best lyric in ages:
"Yeah but his bird thinks it's amazing, though
So all that's left
Is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf" Band girlfriends, we all know what he's talking about

Oh and Chris Martin is clearly on the verge of complete breakdown. You can't trust anything that comes out of is mouth

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>