April Birds and May Bees

Ain't no Literature here, folks.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spring Break! Woo-hoo!

I realized yesterday, as I read the entirety of Pride and Prejudice, that I'm probably not spending my Spring Break like most other undergrads are.

What's on the list for this week?
  • Find potential summer jobs
  • Read 4 novels
  • Apply to NY Writer's Institute
  • Apply for various scholarships (includes writing essays)
  • Write the short story that's been in my head for months (or at least start it)
  • Study for Spanish test
  • Work on postmodern city presentation
Since I've gone back to school, I've become quite the nerd/overachiever, a role that I have never embraced. I mean, countless hours of my week last week were consumed with the AWP Conference (American Writers and Writing Programs). Most of the other people there were actual writers and grad students. But, man, I totally enjoyed it. Poor Sara. She had to listen to me explain all of the concepts that I had heard at the conference for three days straight.

But I am taking time to do some fun things this week. On Wednesday, I'm going to see Patrick Watson play at the Earl. (Any of you ATLiens want to come along?) On Friday, I have an appointment for a massage. And on Saturday, I might drive over to Athens to see the Castanets play. (Again, if anybody wants to come along...)

I feel like I need a classic Spring Break graphic:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Poor Sara? I love to hear about academic things, but I must admit that I sometimes get jealous or annoyed with myself for not being able to easily converse in academic dialogue. When I don't use it, I lose it. And I have definitely lost some of my literary critiquing skills . . .

So that part makes me sad, but I'm not sad to hear you talk about that stuff. And I also like hearing about cute academicians . . . :)

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to live in a couple places like that. I thought I would hate them, since I hate the sun, but they are everything people say they are.

Also, you're thinking of going back to NY?

1:28 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

You lived in beach-y places? I never have. And I don't really want to. Sand grosses me out. Maybe I could live near a rocky beach with no sand.

I was thinking of applying to the NY Writer's Institute in Upstate for this summer, but I decided against it as there is no available fundage in my immediate grasp right now.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>